THE TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is a legal agreement between Medical Board Cases, Inc. (“MBC,” “we,” “us” or “our”) and you (“you,” “your” or “User”), and governs your access to and use of: (i) the MBC website or service, including without limitation, any website or service features (collectively the “Service”), for which you and/or your entity or organization have purchased Usage Rights; and (ii) any documentation, content, or materials accessible via the Service including the monthly newsletter (collectively, the “MBC Content”).
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, additional terms may accompany a Service or certain MBC Content, in which case, such additional terms shall supplement and/or substitute the terms and conditions of this Agreement, to the extent set forth in such additional terms.
This is a legal document between you and MBC. PLEASE READ IT. By accessing AND/or using the SERVICE and any MBC content in the SERVICE, you: (i) ACKNOWLEDGE that you have read and understand all of the terms in this Agreement; and (ii) expressly agree to the terms set forth HEREIN. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, do not access AND/or use the SERVICE or any MBC content.
If you agree to the terms of this Agreement, you have the following rights, obligations, and responsibilities:
“Usage Rights” means the usage rights purchased by you or your entity or organization, as applicable, with respect to the access to and/or use of the Service and/or any MBC Content, pursuant to the contractual agreement between you and/or your entity or organization and MBC, as applicable.
“Your Content” means all content, materials and other information that you upload, transmit or distribute to end users in and/or through the Service, as further defined in Section 6.3 below. Your Content does not include User Videos.
“Service Data” means all data, content, and information regarding your use of the Service and/or the MBC Content in the nature of de-identified or aggregate system administrative data, statistical, demographical data, operational information, and data generated by or characterizing the use of the Service and/or the MBC Content.
Other capitalized terms used in this Agreement shall have the definitions given to those terms herein.
- Grant of Access.
2.1 During the Term and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including without limitation, your Usage Rights, MBC hereby grants to you a limited, personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non- transferable, non-sublicensable right and access to: (i) use the Service solely for your internal, non-commercial, informational and educational use only; and (ii) use, reproduce and copy (but only to the extent set forth herein), without modification, the MBC Content accessed through the Service, solely for your internal, non-commercial, informational and educational use only, in each case, subject to the following terms, conditions and restrictions:
2.1.1 The Service may permit users to download and/or print certain MBC Content. To the extent the Service for which you have Usage Rights permits the downloading and/or printing of MBC Content and/or User Documentation, you have the following rights:
(a) The access rights granted in this Section do not include the right to copy, print or download the MBC Content apart from the Service, and you agree not to copy, print and/or download such MBC Content apart from the Service except as otherwise expressly permitted herein.
(b) To the extent the Service permits you to download and/or print MBC Content and/or User Documentation, then the access rights granted in this Section include the right to make printouts and/or copies of the MBC Content, and distribute such printouts and/or copies, but only as follows: for all MBC Content, you may make a reasonable number of printouts and/or copies of the MBC Content, without modification, solely for your internal, non-commercial, informational and educational use only. Any printouts or copies of the MBC Content shall retain MBC’s copyright and/or other proprietary rights notices, in addition to any and all disclaimers and/or limitations included in the MBC Content.
(c) Except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Section, downloading, printing, copying, modifying, distributing or otherwise using the Service and/or MBC Content for external commercial purposes, including commercial publication, sale or personal gain, is expressly prohibited.
2.1.2 You may only access and/or use the Service and the MBC Content within the scope of your Usage Rights. For example, certain Usage Rights may be limited to the use of the Service and/or the MBC Content by a single user or multiple single users, or impose other prohibitions or restrictions on your use of the Service and/or the MBC Content. It is your obligation to know and understand the scope and extent of your Usage Rights. If you have questions as to the Usage Rights purchased by you and/or your entity or organization, please contact MBC via email at email@example.com, or by telephone at (847) 485-9205. If you exceed the scope of your Usage Rights and/or the access rights granted to you in this Agreement, you agree: (i) that MBC may invoice you for the additional fees commensurate with any such unauthorized use; (ii) that you will pay such invoice within thirty (30) days of your receipt of the invoice; and (iii) that such remedy is not exclusive of the other remedies available to MBC in connection with such unauthorized use.
2.2 Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, you agree not to:
2.2.1 License, sublicense (except as expressly permitted by this Agreement), lease, rent, timeshare, distribute, disclose, permit access to, or transfer to any third party, any portion of the Service and/or the MBC Content, whether for profit or without charge;
2.2.2 Store, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, adapt, perform, display (including by “framing”), publish or sell the Service and/or the MBC Content;
2.2.3 Translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, discover, or modify the Service or MBC’s software;
2.2.4 Remove any copyright and other proprietary notices placed upon the Service or any MBC Content retrieved from the Service;
2.2.5 Circumvent any use-limitation or protection device contained in or placed upon the Service or any MBC Content retrieved from the Service or access or attempt to access any portion of the Service or MBC Content that you are not authorized to access;
2.2.6 Use the Service to execute denial of service attacks;
2.2.7 Perform automated searches against MBC’s systems (except for non-burdensome federated search services), including automated “bots”, link checkers or other scripts, without prior written permission from MBC;
2.2.8 Use the Service or MBC Content to create products or perform services which compete or interfere with those of MBC or its licensors;
2.2.9 Text mine, data mine or harvest metadata from the Service;
2.2.10 Impair or overburden the Service or any servers or systems associated with the Service;
2.2.11 Upload, transmit, or otherwise publish any communication or content, including without limitation, any of Your Content, to or through the Service that: (i) advertises or solicits the sale of goods or services; (ii) is obscene, indecent, or otherwise sexually explicit or abusive; (iii) defames any person or entity or otherwise invades anyone’s rights or causes any form of injury to any other person or entity; or (iv) contains software viruses or any other malicious code;
2.2.12 Use the Service to send the same or substantially similar unsolicited mail messages, whether commercial or not, to multiple recipients;
2.2.13 Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
2.2.14 Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
2.2.15 Use the Service and/or the MBC Content in any manner that violates, infringes, or misappropriates the intellectual property rights, publicity or privacy rights, or other proprietary rights of any third party;
2.2.16 Download all or parts of the Service and/or the MBC Content in a systematic or regular manner or so as to create a collection of materials comprising all or a material subset of the Service and/or the MBC Content, in any form; or
2.2.17 Use the Service and/or the MBC Content in connection with life support systems, medical devices, or any application or other high risk activities where failure or malfunction could lead to possible loss of life.
2.3 You acknowledge and agree that the Service and the MBC Content are licensed and not sold. The Service and/or the MBC Content are owned by MBC and/or its licensors, and are protected by United States trademark and copyright laws and international treaty provisions. MBC and/or its licensors own and retain all right, title and interest in and to the Service and/or the MBC Content, including any and all patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights embodied or contained therein. Your possession or use of Service and/or the MBC Content does not transfer to you any right, title or interest in any of the foregoing and you will not acquire any such right, title or interest, except as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
2.4 You acknowledge and agree that all Service Data is and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of MBC. For purposes of clarity, MBC may make any legal use of the Service Data without notifying you or sharing such Service Data with you. Specifically, MBC may publish and share Service Data with others in aggregate or statistical form to promote the Service and/or the MBC Content, and for evaluating the efficiency, utility and functionality of the Service and/or the MBC Content.
- Availability. To the extent the Service or MBC Content is hosted by MBC, MBC shall use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Service and the MBC Content are available for use and/or access by end users on an uninterrupted basis. However, you acknowledge and agree that the Service and/or the MBC Content will not always be available, as a result of, among other things, scheduled maintenance, system downtime, failures of the Internet generality, and other causes. MBC shall not be liable for any failure or delay or interruption in the Service and/or the MBC Content due to failure of any equipment or telecommunications, or for failures resulting from any cause beyond MBC’s reasonable control.
- Copyright. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under US copyright law. If you believe in good faith that content or material on this website infringes a copyright owned by you, you (or your agent) may send the Company a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. This request should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity; (d) the name, address, telephone number, and email address of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the website should be sent to the address above.
MBC holds copyrights to case data, edits, and summaries provided to Users of the Service. MBC does not maintain copyrights or hold ownership over links to original documents and PDF’s that are available by State Medical Boards in the public domain.
- Modifications or Changes. MBC further reserves the right to modify, alter and/or change the Service at any time, including without limitation, by modifying, altering and/or changing the MBC Content or any Service features or functions, or by removing or disabling certain MBC Content or Service features or functions altogether. You acknowledge and agree that MBC shall have no liability to you with respect to any such modifications, alterations or changes, or with respect to any MBC Content or Service features or functions that have been disabled or removed from the Service.
- Your Account.
6.1 In order to access and use the Service, you may be required to register for a user account (“Your Account”). In registering for Your Account, you must provide accurate, current and complete information as may be prompted by any registration forms or as otherwise requested by MBC (collectively, “Registration Data”). By submitting the Registration Data, you represent and warrant that the Registration Data is accurate, current and complete. If you are registering on behalf of an entity or organization, you further represent and warrant that you are: (i) an employee or representative of that entity or organization; and (ii) are authorized to accept and agree to this Agreement on behalf of the entity or organization and to otherwise bind the entity or organization to the terms and conditions hereof.
6.2 You are fully responsible for all usage and activity on the Service under Your Account and shall be liable for all such use and activity. You shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your login and password(s), and shall immediately notify MBC of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of Your Account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your login and password. You further agree to: (i) take reasonable efforts to resolve any unauthorized access to the Service; and (ii) reasonably cooperate with MBC in resolving the unauthorized access. Notwithstanding anything else herein, MBC reserves the right to pursue any and all claims against you under Your Account.
6.3 Except as otherwise authorized in writing by MBC and/or as permitted by your Usage Rights, the access rights granted in this Agreement are limited solely for your individual use in accessing and/or using the Service and/or the MBC Content. Except as otherwise authorized in writing by MBC and/or as permitted by your Usage Rights, you agree that under no circumstances will you permit any other person or entity, including your fellow employees or your entity or organization, to use Your Account for the purpose of accessing the Service, nor may you access and/or use the Service and/or the MBC Content using the account information of any other person, entity or organization.
7.1 MBC Content. While appropriate care has been taken in organizing and presenting the MBC Content, MBC does not warrant or guarantee its completeness, legality, correctness, accuracy, or timeliness. You acknowledge and agree that the MBC Content is provided for educational and informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for the advice, opinion or diagnosis of a trained medical professional. MBC does not perform any independent analysis or investigation of any products or medications described in the MBC Content, and you acknowledge and agree that MBC is not endorsing or advocating the use of any product or medication described in the MBC Content. MBC expressly disclaims responsibility for any consequence of the use or misuse of a product or medication due to any typographical error or other inaccuracy. Additional information on any product or medication may be obtained from the manufacturer.
7.2 Third Party Content. The Service may display or make available, and the MBC Content may include, third party content (including data, information, applications and other products services and/or materials) or provide links to third party websites or services (collectively, “Third Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that MBC is not responsible for the Third Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. MBC does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third Party Materials. Third Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions. Additionally, MBC has no affiliation with any State Medical Boards from which public documents may have been retrieved, stored, and linked to by the Service. Users are free to search for and access public domain documents outside of the Service.
7.3 Your Content.
7.3.1 The Service may permit end users to upload and/or transmit communications, content, materials and other information owned and/or controlled by such end users (collectively, “Your Content”). Your Content is and shall at all times remain your sole and exclusive property, provided that, you hereby grant to MBC a non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable license to load, transmit, distribute and/or make available Your Content in and through the Service. You are solely responsible for any and all of Your Content uploaded and/or transmitted in and/or through the Service. You represent and warrant to MBC: (i) that you own Your Content or otherwise have sufficient rights in Your Content to grant the license rights granted to MBC in this Section; (ii) that Your Content does not, and its use by MBC as contemplated in this Section will not, violate, infringe, or misappropriate the intellectual property rights, publicity or privacy rights, or other proprietary rights of any third party; and (iii) that there are no claims currently pending or threatened as to your ownership of or rights in Your Content, or as to your violation, infringement or misappropriation of any third party intellectual property rights, publicity or privacy rights, or other proprietary rights with respect to Your Content, and to your knowledge, you have not engaged in any acts or omissions likely to result in any such claims.
7.3.2 In the event that MBC discovers that Your Content is in violation of this Section 6 or Section 2.2.11 above, MBC may, without limiting its rights or creating any liability therefor, immediately remove Your Content from the Service, and may further block and/or restrict your access thereto pending resolution of any such violation.
7.3.3 MBC shall use commercially reasonable efforts to back up Your Content as part of its standard processes and procedures with respect to the backing up of the Service and/or the MBC Content generally. However, as between the parties, you are responsible for keeping appropriate copies and records of Your Content. Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein, MBC has no obligation to back up or maintain Your Content, and MBC takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for Your Content, including without limitation any loss or damage thereto.
- Payments. You will pay all fees specified in any sign up and registration or similar documentation under which you acquired your access rights in the Service (a “Sign Up and Registration”), in each case, pursuant to the terms thereof. Except as otherwise specified herein or in the Sign Up and Registration: (i) fees are based on the access rights purchased and not actual usage; and (ii) except as otherwise set forth herein, payment obligations are non-cancelable and fees paid are non-refundable.
- Forums. The Service may include features such as chat rooms, bulletin board services or other interactive communication facilities (collectively, “Forum(s)”). MBC cannot and does not undertake to review all communications made on or through the Forums. MBC shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Forums and to edit or delete any materials that MBC in its sole discretion determines are in violation of this Agreement (including without limitation, Section 2.2 above), or that are otherwise contrary to MBC’s business interests and/or customer relations.
- Videos. The Service may include certain functionality which permits end users to record videos and then upload and/or transmit those videos using the Service (“User Videos”). The User Videos are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of MBC, and you acknowledge that you have no right, title or interest in such User Videos, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise. You hereby consent to being filmed and/or otherwise recorded in and through the Service. You further irrevocably consent, without compensation, to the use of your name, image, likeness, biographical information, and other publicity rights, in any and all media, whether now or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity, in connection with MBC’s providing the Service and/or the MBC Content to you pursuant to this Agreement.
- Term and Termination.
11.1 Term. This Agreement will commence as of the date you first click “I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT” on the sign up and registration page (the “Effective Date”) and will continue until terminated as set forth in this Agreement.
11.2.1 This Agreement will terminate as follows: (i) in the event you are no longer authorized to access and/or use a particular Service as a result of the expiration or termination of any contractual agreement between you and/or your entity or organization and MBC; (ii) upon written notice to you effective immediately, if you commit a material breach of this Agreement; and (iii) at any time upon thirty (30) days’ prior notice to you.
11.2.2 If this Agreement is terminated in whole or in part due to your breach: (a) MBC will disable access to any terminated Service; (b) you agree to destroy any and all MBC Content, and all other files, information, data or software derived from any terminated Service in your possession or control, and certify destruction upon request; (c) you forfeit all prepaid fees; and (d) MBC reserves the right to pursue all available legal remedies. The parties intend that the parties’ rights, obligations, and responsibilities set forth in Sections 1, 2.3, 2.4, 6, 9, 10.2.2, 11, 13, 14, 16.2, 20, 21 and 22 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MBC, its licensors, affiliates, successors and assigns, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees (the “MBC Indemnitees”), for, from and against any and all claims, demands, loss, damage, liability, or expense (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees at trial, on appeal, and on any petition for review), arising out of or related to the breach of this Agreement by you, or otherwise arising from the use of the Service and/or the MBC Content by you, including without limitation, any actual or threatened suit, demand or claim made against the MBC Indemnitees arising out of or relating to your conduct, your violation of this Agreement, your violation of the rights of any third party, or the MBC Content.
- Audits. MBC may retain administrative access to Your Account through the Platform for purposes of auditing your compliance with the terms of this Agreement, including without limitation, your usage of the Services and/or the MBC Content. MBC and/or its designees shall further have the right, upon reasonable prior notice to you, to audit and inspect your systems, devices, and/or records for purposes of determining your compliance with this Agreement, which audit right may include the right to access and inspect your facilities and copy any documents or records in connection with such audit. You agree to cooperate with MBC in connection with any such audit. In the event any such audit discloses use of the Service in excess of your Usage Rights or any other material breach of this Agreement, you acknowledge and agree that MBC shall have the rights set forth in Section 2.1.2 above, and you further agree to reimburse MBC for the costs and expenses incurred by MBC in connection with such audit.
- Disclaimer. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY WARRANTED HEREIN, THE SERVICE AND THE MBC CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” MBC AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND/OR THE MBC CONTENT, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR USAGE OF TRADE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY, CURRENCY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE, THE MBC CONTENT OR ANY INFORMATION OR RESULTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE, EVEN IF ASSISTED BY MBC. MBC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR DETERMINING THE COMPATIBILITY OF ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE NOT SUPPLIED BY MBC WITH THE SERVICE AND PROVIDES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE OPERATION OF SUCH HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE WITH THE SERVICE. WHILE MBC HAS USED COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THAT THE MBC CONTENT IS MATERIALLY UP TO DATE AND RELIABLE, MBC DOES NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY PRACTICE MEDICINE OR DISPENSE MEDICAL ADVICE OR SERVICES AND THEREFORE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR THE MBC CONTENT. YOU AGREE TO EXERCISE YOUR OWN INDEPENDENT SKILL, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL JUDGMENT IN MAKING CLINICAL, TREATMENT AND/OR PRESCRIPTION DECISIONS, OR TO OTHERWISE CONSULT OR SEEK THE ADVICE, OPINION OR DIAGNOSIS OF A TRAINED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. THE SOLE RISK OF USING THE SERVICE AND/OR THE MBC CONTENT IS SOLELY WITH YOU.
- Limitation of Liability. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF MBC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SERVICE, THE MBC CONTENT AND/OR THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED BY MBC FROM YOU AND/OR YOUR ENTITY OR ORGANIZATION, AS APPLICABLE, IN THE 12 MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM FOR WHICH SUCH DAMAGES ARE ALLEGED TO BE OWED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MBC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR: (i) ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES; (ii) ANY CLAIM RELATED TO YOUR CONTENT OR ANY OTHER USER GENERATED CONTENT OR MATERIALS, OR ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS; OR (iii) ANY CLAIM RELATED TO THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE MBC CONTENT.
- Remedial Action.
17.1 Without limiting the above, MBC may suspend delivery of the Service if it reasonably determines that you are not in compliance with this Agreement, including without limitation, by not making full and timely payment to MBC and/or exceeding your Usage Rights. If delivery is suspended, MBC will restore your access as soon as you come back into compliance with the terms of this Agreement. MBC’s suspension of the Service is without prejudice to any right, claim or remedy of MBC under this Agreement, including without limitation, MBC’s rights under Section 10 above.
17.2 You hereby acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any breach or threatened breach of your obligations or responsibilities under Section 2 above or any other provision affecting MBC and/or its licensors intellectual property rights in the Service and/or the MBC Content, MBC may suffer irreparable injury for which damages at law may not be an adequate remedy. Accordingly, without prejudice to any other rights and remedies otherwise available to MBC at law or equity, MBC shall be entitled to seek equitable relief, including injunctive relief and specific performance, for any such breach or threatened breach of this Agreement by you.
- Export Regulation.The Service and/or the MBC Content may be subject to United States’ export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export or release the Service and/or the MBC Content to, or make the Service and/or the MBC Content accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export or release is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing or otherwise making the Service and/or the MBC Content available outside the United States.
- Government Rights. The Service may constitute commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. § 2.101. Accordingly, if you are an agency of the United States Government or any contractor therefor, you receive only those rights with respect to the Service as are granted to all other end users under this TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT, in accordance with: (i) 48 C.F.R. § 227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. § 227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors; or (ii) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other United States Government licensees and their contractors.
- Amendments. We may update or modify this Agreement and any policies affecting the Service immediately upon notice to you posted to the Service or distributed via electronic mail. You will be required to click “I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT” upon any subsequent use of the Service following such an update or modification. Your clicking “I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT” and your subsequent use of the Service shall be conclusively deemed an acceptance of all such updates or modifications. If you do not wish to be bound by such update or modification and so notify us prior to your clicking “I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT,” and we will refund any unearned fees that you have paid. Any updates or modifications to this Agreement shall be deemed to supersede and/or replace the Agreement in its prior form, to the extent set forth in such updates or modifications.
- Governing Law; Disputes. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Illinois, without reference to conflict of laws principles. Except where prohibited, you agree that all disputes, claims and legal proceedings in any way arising out of or relating to the Service, the MBC Content, or this Agreement shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Cook County, Illinois. You waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, “forum non conveniens” and the like with respect to such courts. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, EACH OF THE PARTIES HERETO HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM (WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE ACTIONS OF ANY PARTY HERETO IN THE NEGOTIATION, ADMINISTRATION, PERFORMANCE OR ENFORCEMENT HEREOF.
- Entire Agreement.This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements between the parties with respect to the same subject matter hereof and may not, except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, be amended or modified except in a writing signed by the parties. The terms of your purchase orders, if any, are for your convenience and do not supersede any term or condition of this Agreement.
- General. The parties agree as follows: (i) no waiver will be binding on a party unless it is in writing and signed by the party making the waiver and a party’s waiver of a breach of a provision of this Agreement will not be a waiver of any other provision or a waiver of a subsequent breach of the same provision; (ii) the parties will have all remedies available to them at law or in equity; (iii) if any term or provision of this Agreement is determined to be unenforceable in any respect, the enforceability of the term or provision in any other respect and of the remaining provisions of this Agreement will not be impaired; and (iv) both parties have full power and authority to enter into and perform this Agreement.